kirk wrote:
Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
Regina has identified some significant problems with Chapter 7 (Functions and Formulas) of the draft Calc Guide, but she does not have the time to revise it. The chapter probably needs major restructuring as well as other revision.
 [...]

If someone has the knowledge, but can't write well in English, several of us can work with you on the writing side. Or, if anyone has written something suitable in another language, we can get it translated into English.
 [...]

I've begun looking at it, and have made a few changes already, including adjusting the Chapter Title. Rather than "Functions and Formulas", it really should be have been "Formulas and Functions" since you really need to understand what a formula is before moving on the Functions. The next thing I'm going to want to do when I have time again is switch the "Using Functions" and "Creating Formula" sections around.

Thanks, Kirk.

I just reorganised the wiki pages (and the chapter TOC) to the sequence you said. Of course, further editing of these pages is needed.

BTW, Clayton may correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think renaming the page is the best way to handle this; you can simply change the DISPLAYTITLE attribute on the existing page.

--Jean