So, how do we find out how many active or semi-active project members
we have?  Would it work to create a table on the OOoWiki and have
everyone add their OOoWiki userID (and maybe pet document within the
Doc Project) be a way to get a bit of a Straw Poll of active members?
What do you guys think?

Sounds fine with me. I can only speak for myself, but even though I may not comment a lot on the mailing list, I do follow the postings quite a bit here. So if a call went out for this information, I would participate. I would suspect that other members that are active or semi-active in the Documentation Project follow this list regularly as well, so it would be a good place to start to gather this information.

Best regards,
Gabriel Gurley