On 20/10/2020 8:35 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
20/10/2020 04:49, Ruifeng Wang:
From: Thomas Monjalon <tho...@monjalon.net>
15/10/2020 14:04, Anatoly Burakov:
+/**
+ * This function is not supported on ARM.
+ */
+static inline void
+rte_power_monitor(const volatile void *p, const uint64_t
expected_value,
+               const uint64_t value_mask, const uint64_t tsc_timestamp,
+               const uint8_t data_sz) {
+       RTE_SET_USED(p);
+       RTE_SET_USED(expected_value);
+       RTE_SET_USED(value_mask);
+       RTE_SET_USED(tsc_timestamp);
+       RTE_SET_USED(data_sz);
+}
Are you sure it cannot be partially supported with WFE instruction?

Armv8 WFE instruction can support monitoring of specific address for changes,
but not monitoring of TSC timestamp.
So it is a partial support.

We must try hard to unify architectures support
to avoid #ifdef everywhere.

I don't agree with how are managed new instructions recently.
Please look further.

Hi Thomas,

We believe this is ready for -rc1, can we discuss this with the technical board before the RC1 tag is applied?

Regards,
Dave.