24/03/2021 16:03, David Marchand:
> The changes on usage() and the --log-level help are not related and
> could have been separated in two series.

Yes, I will split. It will help merging the non-controversial patches.

> - The "Usage: " lists [EAL options] first, so I would expect them to
> be listed first.
> Hence I am not a fan of the reordering.

If not reordering, we print the EAL options before giving
the line "Usage: ..." with the generic syntax of the application.

> - Testpmd options are not identified anymore while it was easier
> before to find out about it with the "===== Application Usage ====="
> banner.
> Applications now must add a banner to differentiate their options from
> the EAL ones.

I think the banner "Application Usage" is strange when printing
(sic) application usage.
The EAL options are already clearly identified,
so I though it was clear enough:

EAL common options:
[...]
EAL options for DEBUG use only: