Hi Maxime, Akhil,

<...>

> >> What Maxime is suggesting is adding a wrapper in PMD to hide variant
> >> of acc.
> >> I believe it is better to do it now as this is long term stable release.
> >> You can send a deprecation notice for removing PMD APIs and adding
> >> new generic API now which can be done in next cycle.
> >
> > Updated in the V10 as suggested.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > This rte_acc_configure() symbol is marked as experimental. I believe we
> can remove it without notice (this is already modified in this serie without
> notice).
>
> Yes, no worries since this is experimental.
>
> > Note that this is only used by bbdev-test so this is all self-contained and
> > no
> impact to the ecosystem.
>
> Given it is only meant to be used by the dpdk-test-bbdev application, maybe
> it could be an internal API? Avoiding to export it would make our lives
> easier.

I like that option in case we can build consensus on this.
Using bbdev api for this side-band configuration would confuse the ecosystem
since this is out of the remit of the intended bbdev api.
The current method using a formally exposed PMD API is a bit historical,
intention only to expose this from PMD code to the bbdev-test but still within
DPDK only.
I will push now a patch for further discussion with such a modification (not
required for 22.11).

Thanks
Nic