Hi Maxime, Akhil,

(replying to myself)

> Hi Maxime, Akhil,
>
> <...>

> ID.

> PMD.

> > > Updated in the V10 as suggested.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > > This rte_acc_configure() symbol is marked as experimental. I believe
> > > we
> > can remove it without notice (this is already modified in this serie
> > without notice).
> >
> > Yes, no worries since this is experimental.
> >
> > > Note that this is only used by bbdev-test so this is all
> > > self-contained and no
> > impact to the ecosystem.
> >
> > Given it is only meant to be used by the dpdk-test-bbdev application,
> > maybe it could be an internal API? Avoiding to export it would make our
> lives easier.
> >

> I like that option in case we can build consensus on this.
> Using bbdev api for this side-band configuration would confuse the
> ecosystem since this is out of the remit of the intended bbdev api.
> The current method using a formally exposed PMD API is a bit historical,
> intention only to expose this from PMD code to the bbdev-test but still within
> DPDK only.
> I will push now a patch for further discussion with such a modification (not
> required for 22.11).

Actually it would not build in shared lib mode when doing this I believe.
One option would be to accept not to call these functions from bbdev-test when
RTE_BUILD_SHARED_LIB is not defined.
That would be okay with me based on the limited usecase.
But that may be frown upon. Let me know what you think.