From: Jacques Nadeau [mailto:jacq...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:10 PM
To: dev@drill.apache.org; u...@drill.apache.org;
drill-u...@incubator.apache.org; drill-...@incubator.apache.org
Subject: We're now a TLP

I'm please to announce that Drill is now an Apache Top Level Project.  This is
a testament to all the contributions everyone of you has made to the project.
You can check out Tomer's blog [1] as well the ASF press release [2]

To celebrate, I propose that we release 0.7 shortly.  We can move remaining
issues to 0.8.  There is so much good in master right now that we really need
to push a new release and get that into users' hands.

I'm going to push a commit removing "incubating" from our version number
shortly.  Let's target this Friday to start a vote.  How does that sound to
everyone?

Congrats and Thanks!
Jacques

[1] http://drill.apache.org/blog/2014/12/02/drill-top-level-project/