-  Download the src tar on Mac and Linux and do a mvn full build.
-  Start drill in embedded mode on both Mac and Linux. Run several TPCH
queries.
-  Tried with the CTAS auto-partitioning feature with some TPCH dataset.
-  Verified checksum for both the source and binary tar files.

All look good.

+1  (binding).