I've been working on DRILL-2941 and DRILL-3242.  Both are fairly
substantial changes.  I've been running some regression and performance
tests and am getting pretty solid results.  However, given their scale, I'd
like to get someone else to take a second look from functional regression
and performance regression testing to make sure these are a net benefit.
Does anyone have a few cycles to run my branches against some other tests?

The changes are at [1].  The commit id is:
01d9f129be82a0bc2d90341ae80e7f78eb774942

Thanks,
Jacques

[1] https://github.com/jacques-n/drill/tree/DRILL-2941