Given that the difference is just

> java.lang.Exception: Unexpected exception,
> expected<org.apache.drill.exec.exception.OversizedAllocationException> but
> was<org.apache.drill.exec.memory.OutOfMemoryRuntimeException>

The question of "what constitutes an oversized allocation?" comes to mind.
Is this test fragile relative to being run in different environments?
I haven't seen the test so how is the determination that something is
oversized made? It seems like that criterion sometimes fails, and we get an
OOM because whatever the request is is still very large.