I recently saw some failures that may be related.  Some test got a
different allocation exception than it expected.  I think that it was
expecting something like OversizeAllocationException but got an
OutOfMemoryError or OutOfMemoryException.

Daniel

Abdel Hakim Deneche wrote:
I didn't go into the details of the failures, but the exception was caused
by netty's not being able to allocate a new chunk of direct memory.