It seems like a stretch to include DRILL-3623 right before the release.
This is a pretty fundamental change that seems like it should soak for a
bit of time before we release. If we want to include, I'd suggest that we
disable the functionality by default and consider it experimental.

I'll propose a few other patches for inclusion shortly.

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio