Github user yufeldman commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/400#issuecomment-192171659

    Couple of general comments:
    1. Since you are using Hadoop UGI it probably makes sense to be more
compliant with Hadoop auth definitions. Which are: "superuser" can proxy for
"user(s), group(s) and host(s)". May be adding group that can proxy is OK, but
it is not what is done in Hadoop world today.
    -------------------------
    hadoop.proxyuser.superuser.hosts            comma separated hosts from
which superuser access are allowed to impersonation. * means wildcard.
    hadoop.proxyuser.superuser.groups           comma separated groups to which
users impersonated by superuser belongs. * means wildcard.
    2. I think what we call here delegate/delegator is a true impersonation,
what we call "chained impersonation" is kind of opposite of impersonation as it
is increasing privileges versus restricting them.

---
with INFRA.
---