Github user sudheeshkatkam commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/400#issuecomment-192535617

    I apologize that my terminology is confusing everyone.

    I've updated the [design
document](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g0KgugVdRbbIxxZrSCtO1PEHlvwczTLDb38k-npvwjA)
 and the PR to include terms that (hopefully) users and developers can
understand.

    (1) User delegation itself is not a suitable name for this feature, since
this feature is extending the current impersonation model. So when _user
impersonation_ is enabled, this _inbound_ or _client_ impersonation feature is
also enabled.
    (2) I am going to use a variant of Jacques' suggestion for _inbound_
impersonation policies. I think `proxy_principals` and `target_principals` are
apt. For example, an admin would setup policies by using:
    ```
    ALTER SYSTEM SET `exec.impersonation.inbound_policies` = '[
      { proxy_principals  : { users : [ "user0_1"] },
        target_principals : { users : ["*"] } },
      { proxy_principals  : { groups : ["group5_1"] },
        target_principals : { groups : ["group4_2"] } }
    ]';
    ```

    Overall, when impersonation is enabled, both _inbound_ impersonation and
_outbound_ impersonation are  allowed.
    + _Inbound_ or _client_ impersonation: an authorized user can impersonate a
target user, and the session user is set accordingly.
    + _Outbound_ or _storage plugin_ impersonation: Drill itself impersonates
as the session user when interacting with storage plugins.

---
with INFRA.
---