Github user zfong commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/461#issuecomment-210493669

    Yes, 8 seconds may still be too long, but it's certainly better than what
was there before.  We've also been working with Simba to add an "includeSchema"
option to the ODBC driver so tools that query from INFORMATION_SCHEMA can
further restrict the query to only the relevant tables within the specified
schema.  That together with this patch should reduce the time significantly.
Further improvements may still be needed even beyond this, but I suggest we
address those incrementally rather than all at once.

---
with INFRA.
---