Github user ssriniva123 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/518

    Paul,
    The code you have listed is semantically equivalent to that of what I
already I have submitted for pull and will not solve handling of all malformed
json records. Also the code for reporting the
    error records is working correctly as long as is it is reported by the
Parser correctly.

    As I explained earlier the JSON parser is not just a simple tokenizer, it
keeps track of internal state,
    hence the issue. SERDE's in hive etc work because they  are record oriented
with clean record demarkations using a new line.

    One solution is to submit a patch to jackson parser to expose a method to
skip to new line in the
    event of a parsing exception. This can be parametrized so that behavior can
customized.

---
with INFRA.
---