Github user laurentgo commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/602

    Thanks @parthchandra for the feedback

    1) I'm still struggling having a working Windows dev environment. Regarding
CppUnit, it seems the LibreOffice folks are using the version hosted on FDo
(https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/cppunit/). It seems the source provides
instructions on how to build on windows at
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/cppunit/tree/INSTALL-WIN32.txt?id=cppunit-1.13.2

    Do you mind posting changes to FindCppUnit so I can add them to the patch?
(unless I find a way to build on windows meanwhile)

    2) To get the version from the pom, I would need at least a xml parser,
like libxml2, so I could write a script like that one:
    ```
    xmllint --shell pom.xml << EOT
    > setns maven=http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
    > cd //maven:project/maven:version/text()
    > write version
    > bye
    > EOT
    ```

    but I guess having xmllint2 installed on a windows box is a similar burden.

    I'm open to suggestions (maybe @superbstreak have some ideas?), otherwise
I'll add a valid Java/Maven environment as a prerequisite

    4) It looks like llvm and xcode have a different set of warnings, I'll
check those and fix them.

    More generally, do you want to keep this pull request as one change (and
merge it as one commit), or do you prefer I open separate pull requests for
each DRILL jira I addressed?

---
with INFRA.
---