Github user arina-ielchiieva commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/819

    @jinfengni
    1. Agree with the point
    > However, the length calculated in this PR is from the query metadeta
(function parameter, string literal), which will not change across different
batches. In that sense, we should not see schema change exception, just because
of varchar length.

    2. I wanted to clarify regarding schema change, if I understood correctly
from the code, two schemas are compared using `BatchSchema#equals` method [1]
and when it compares two major types, precision and scale are not taken into
account [2]. Am I correct?

    [1]
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/exec/java-exec/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/record/BatchSchema.java#L101
    [2]