Github user paul-rogers commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/970

    There is a funny thing about the way Drill works. I can review your changes
and commit them as soon as I provide a +1. My changes must wait until another
committer to find time in their very busy schedules to consider this work. So,
we'll likely commit yours first, I'll rebase mine on top of it, then wait for
another committer to find time to consider it. The one exception would be if a
non-committer can give this PR a +1 and a committer agrees to do a bulk commit
this week.

---