From: Parth Chandra <par...@apache.org>
Sent: March 7, 2018 3:34 AM
To: dev <dev@drill.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] 1.13.0 release

My mistake Volodymyr.

Found some other JDK 8 issues in JIRA not tracked in DRILL-1491

  DRILL-4547    Javadoc fails with Java8
  DRILL-6163    Switch Travis To Java 8

The following are tracked in DRILL-1491, but it doesn't look like we're
addressing these. Are we?

  DRILL-4329 13 Unit tests are failing with JDK 8
  DRILL-4333    DRILL-4329 tests in
Drill2489CallsAfterCloseThrowExceptionsTest fail in Java 8
  DRILL-5120    Upgrade JDBC Driver for new Java 8 methods
  DRILL-5680    BasicPhysicalOpUnitTest can't run in Eclipse with Java 8

*DRILL-4547 is a showstopper*. The release build (-Papache-release) fails
with far too many Javadoc errors even with doc lint turned off.

DRILL-4333, DRILL-4329, DRILL-5120 are JDBC related which is a project by
itself.

Note that fixing JDBC related issues and adding the command line option to
turn doc lint off will likely break Java 7 builds.

Folks who voted to get JDK 8 into this release, what is the consensus on
JDBC/Java8 ?
Also, any volunteers on helping debug
TestDrillbitResilience.cancelAfterAllResultsProduced
?