I would say we have to take a measured approach to this and decide on a
case-by-case which issue is a show stopper.
While of course we have to make every effort to avoid regression, we cannot
claim that a particular release will not cause any regression.
I believe there are 10000+ passing tests,  so that should provide a level
of confidence.   The TPC-DS 72 is a 10 table join which in the hadoop world
of
denormalized schemas is not relatively common.  The main question is does
the issue reproduce with fewer joins having the same type of distribution
plan ?

Aman