Hi Nicolas,

Yet another suggestion, FWIW. We already have tests for writing JSON and CSV.
We also have tests for reading MapR DB. So, try making changes to those and
seeing if you can get those to run. For example, create a test that reads a
file in CSV, write it to JSON, read it as JSON and validate the results using
the Row Set stuff. You only need 2-3 rows of data. Plenty of examples show how
this is done, and we can provide specific pointers where you get stuck so that
others benefit.

If you get this to work (in exec), try moving the test to your contrib project.
Can you get it to work there? If not, what are the issues?

Now you are in fine shape to, say, change the initial read part from CSV to
MapR DB. That will ensure you've got the existing MapR DB stuff working.
Finally, change the write-to and read-from JSON to use MapR DB instead (the
write using your new code.)

This way, you can tackle issues one by one, always being close to having
something work (even if it is not the full final functionality.)

Thanks,
- Paul

    On Friday, May 31, 2019, 12:16:09 PM PDT, Nicolas A Perez