Hello Drill Devs,
I wanted to ask a question about testing storage plugins.  Currently there are
PRs for storage plugins for Apache Druid
(https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1888
<https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1888>), and a generic REST API plugin
(https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1892
<https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1892>).

I wanted to ask about what is necessary with respect to testing to get a
storage plugin accepted?  I looked at some of the others, and some, like the
HBase plugin, have many unit tests and others, like the Kudu plugin barely have
any.  Also, since obviously, these unit tests require an external system (or at
least a docker container of one) what should a contributor provide with a
storage plugin?  Should they provide a docker container with a data set
pre-loaded, or should the unit tests be marked "Ignore"?

When we do releases, are we running the tests against external systems?
Thanks,
-- C