Hi All,
My name is Eshcar Hillel from Oath research. I'm currently working with Lee
Rhodes on committing a new concurrent implementation of the theta sketch to the
sketches-core library.I was wondering whether this implementation can help
boost the union operation that is applied to multiple sketches at query time in
druid.From what I see in the code the sketch aggregator uses the
SynchronizedUnion implementation, which basically uses a lock at every single
access (update/read) of the union operation. We believe a thread-safe
implementation of the union operation can help decrease the inherent overhead
of the lock.
I will be happy to join the meeting today and briefly discuss this option.
Thanks,Eshcar