I think we want this release to be seen by the user community as a 'real'
release, and in that case it seems best to satisfy both sets of
requirements at once. The legal requirements: confirming we have all our
ducks in a row Apache/IP-wise. And the community requirements: producing a
release that is at least as high quality as our users have become
accustomed to in the past, and follows past precedent for deciding what
goes in a release and what doesn't. If that means more work for us, then in
my view, so be it. We will strive to prepare something for the IPMC to take
a look at as soon as possible. I think it's doable on a relatively short
timeframe from now.