My feeling is that the alerts are more like log messages or exceptions
(where, in general, there isn't a particular contract around what
exceptions get thrown when, except in specific cases like query errors:
http://druid.io/docs/latest/querying/querying#query-errors). So reasonable
changes could be made at any time w/o a major version bump. I don't think
this has ever been discussed overtly though, so welcome any thoughts anyone
else has.