In other words, there are several ways to prove that a binary release is WRONG
but (to Greg’s point) there is no way to prove it RIGHT.

As a mentor, I strongly advise against podlings making binary releases,
especially for the first release. It’s difficult enough to get L&N correct for
source releases, and when a binary release is being make at the same time with
necessarily different L&N, the PPMC tend to get hopelessly confused.

Bundling artifacts is very common in the Java world, where shading is a best
practice and is made very easy by maven.

Julian