Hi,

All mostly correct and I’ve clarified a few things where needed.

> Because the bundled Google Guava and Netty both contain no bundled
> subcomponents under other licenses

Well Netty does contain 3rd party bundled sub component but it incorrectly list
then in NOTICE not LICENSE. I don't think you include any of these however.

> Because Netty does supply a NOTICE file, and it is Apache licensed, we
> should analyze whether we should modify NOTICE file.

Yes.

> According to "MODIFICATIONS TO NOTICE",  because Dubbo has relocated
> several classes from Netty, and these files contain copyright notice,
> we must modify NOTICE file to add Netty copyright notifications and
> then change the source file header to remove the copyright notice.

Relocated copyright are those where the copyright in the header has been
removed with permission, usually as part of a software grant [1], that’s not
the case here.

> That is my understanding of why we should add Netty's copyright notice
> to NOTICE file.

Close, but it's because it’s in the their NOTICE file and the contain of that
NOTICE file (that are needed) need to be carried over.

> 1. The source file header of classes under
> org.apache.dubbo.common.threadlocal should be changed by removing the
> copyright Notice from Netty.

Please don’t. Never remove or modify headers from 3rd party files unless you
have explicit permission from them to do so. [2]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party