Hi Bailei, Jason

> But after updating to branch of 2.7.4 we continue to suffer the NPE issue
> (Location AbstractInterfaceConfig.useRegistryForConfigIfNecessary which is
> mentioned by @bailei).

The issue you reported is indeed a serious issue that need to be fixed. Though
the Cvictory hasn’t announced the release notes yet, I noticed 2.7.4 maven
artifacts has been published to the central repo. Since a published artifacts
cannot and should not be removed or replaced, the only way to fix this issue is
to start a new release right now. I tend to use 2.7.4.1 as the fix version.

I have to say that his is a low level error and should be found before package.
From my perspective, I think mostly it's because of the poor UT coverage.
Besides, at that time, 2.7.4 has beed delayed for weeks for all kinds of
reasons and we were a bit hurry to release it and our vigilance were lowered
when the release cycle has been stretched so long.

Below[1] is the patch I submitted fix this issue. Please help to check. Keep
posted, I will update if there's new progress.

1. https://github.com/apache/dubbo/pull/5205

Jun