> On Jun 21, 2017, at 8:06 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
> wrote:
>
> Ok I changed the android stuff to build with Java8 and to use retrolambda to
> produce a java7 version and ensure it’s valid java7 using the animalsniffer
> plugin. So that should be ok.
I noticed that. Thanks!

> The thing with empty jars is that if for example I would be building some
> application with maven targeting android, the application will contain one
> and the same artifact name twice … it would be
> edgent-connectors-common-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (the one from android) and
> edgent-connectors-common-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (the one from java7) … this will
> definitely cause problems.
Woops, I forgot the detail that they’ll have the same file names :-)

> I think I’ll go down the path of repacking the java7 jars as android jars and
> to deploy them with the android groupId. I know that we will be providing
> technically the same content twice, but I guess the benefits of this approach
> overweigh the disadvantages of the other options.
Sounds good.

At one point someone suggested that perhaps there should only be a single
Edgent “runtime” (or core) jar for everything that’s currently in the binary
release bundle’s “lib” directory - edgent.api, edgent.providers,
edgent.runtime, edgent.spi.  I don’t know if we’ll want to head in that
direction at some point but I’ll ask: how possible / disruptive that would be
later on with the mvn tooling?

— Dale