Hi Dale,

I just tested your script and it worked perfectly :-)

Regarding your observations:
- You mentioned in another post, that I should exclude any transitive
dependency of Kafka … The only valid reason I could see to need this, if using
Edgent in an environment in which Kafka is provided by other means. The Maven
way to handle such a situation is to mark that dependency “provided” in which
case it is used during compilation, but is excluded from being pulled in
automatically … like the servlet-api jars which usually are provided by every
servlet container.
- I’ll investigate why the animal-sniffer-annotations and alike are included …
I guess they shouldn’t. The reason for a different Jetty version in Java7, is
that the version used in java8 is not compatible with java7, so I had to go
back to the newest Jetty version that supports Java7.

Just forked the Maven-Wrapper project and will start working on a version of it
that works without a checked in jar. Any other solution (excluding jar from the
release) sounds like a hack and it would break the one requirement of Apache
releases, that you should be able to download and unpack the release and simply
run it to reproduce the same results. I guess the changes to the wrapper needed
here are minimal and if we had them all Apache projects could easily use that
versions without any problems.

Chris