I’ll take a look, a bit later, and see if I can deduce precisely what the mods
are intended to accomplish and how the console looks w/o it.
I agree it would be great to be able to remove it from the repo.

w/o looking...
- COUNTEROP and STREAMSCOPE are the little gray squares that show up embedded
in the “stream” connection lines. They’re oplets but as they’re injected by the
runtime for metrics and stream-content viewing they’re presented differently to
the user… in a diminished fashion.
- the legend title stuff I think corresponds to the pulldown selector for what
“view” to show (at least for "Oplet kind” and “Tuple count”) hence some effect
in those views.
  Or it’s the kind of the boxed-list of content that shows up in the upper left
area depending on the view chosen.
  Likewise for “Stream Tags” I think.

— Dale