Perhaps additional discussion is warranted.

A goal has been to make it easier for folks to get started using Edgent as
opposed to being builders/developers of Edgent (hence the distribution of
Edgent jars to maven central).

Being able to easily get the sample sources separate from “Edgent” seems right
to me.  Yeah, we really don’t need to release a separate sample sources bundle
to achieve that (and not “releasing” samples makes life easier for us).  If the
samples are in their own git/github repo then we can just point users there and
they can easily download/clone.

So, I guess I’m still a proponent of a separate repo but now not doing a
release / separate source bundle of them.  Make sense?

— Dale