Hi all,

also cross-replying ... I know my mail client is going to hate me for it ;-)

Well PLC4X would not only provide Sinks, but also Sources ... and I agree that
having the code in Edgent makes far more sense. In general I think almost all
integration modules make sense to be moved to the projects they integrate into.
As I mentioned in that chat you are referring to, the reason for most
integrations being in our repo is simply that this way we were able to write,
commit and release code, as we are usually not committers in most of the
projects we're writing integrations for.

From a maintenance perspective this also has big benefits as - at least
speaking for myself - I'm usually not that deeply involved in the project
I integrate and having the integrations on the other side could ensure
maintenance by people that actually know what they're doing ;-)

I would suggest we contact the incubating projects we currently integrate into
(currently only Edgent) now ... for others (outside of the ASF and TLPs), I
would suggest we wait until PLC4X is a TLP and then contact them (Camel,
Calcite, Kafka, ...)

But I'd like to express my big +1 to this proposal (Being a member of both
projects PPMCs)

Chris