Felix Meschberger wrote:
I took a stab at migrating the http.jetty bundle to a more recent Jetty
version. For the moment I took Jetty 5.1.12, because it is said to be
supporting back to JDK 1.2 whereas Jetty 6.1 is supported for JDK 1.4
and higher only.

After reading the issue again, I started working on Jetty 6 integration
- it takes some time to grock the details, but I think, I am coming
closer :-)

One point with Jetty 6 is, that it requires Java 1.4 or higher and
Servlet API 2.5. This would of course "disable" support for older VMs.
Of course, this migrated http.jetty bundle would not be working with the
older servlet.api bundle any more.

Well, the spec requires Servlet 2.1, so this will actually create something that is not quite spec.

Richard OTOH seems to be working on a lightweight implementation still
supporting 1.2. So I could imagine, that we could be going forward with
two versions: The most modern Jetty 6 based one and the most-lightweight
one by Richard.

Well, I won't go as far as saying that I am working on a lightweight impl of the HTTP service, but I was playing around with creating a simple file-based HTTP server and thought that it could potentially be useful as a foundation for a lightweight HTTP service implementation. However, I probably won't be able to spend much time on that right now, since any extra time I have should go into Felix 1.2.0...

I would be willing to give advice/feedback/encouragement to someone willing to work on it.

-> richard

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix