Niall Pemberton wrote:

They are currently saying[1] its "beta" and shouldn't be used for
production apps - so perhaps best wait until it "exits beta" before
removing
http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/faq#q2
Oh, yes - good point - so let's rather wait; I hope that this is not just another of these "beta" things that stay beta for ever :)

On another point, I downloaded Commons IO 1.4 (
http://tinyurl.com/5n8p4f ) which we released as an OSGi bundle and
they seem to have (bizarely IMO) re-packaged the original jar - but
without re-importing the exported packages, which the original jar's
manifest had, and was a recommended here. Perhaps its worth someone
making the case to them for that.
Ups, yepp, we should tell them!

Carsten

--