Clement Escoffier wrote:
Hi,

I go on my investigations about an OBR for Felix. I'm working on writing
descriptions for all released bundles. Indeed, Bindex generate correctly
package capabilities and requirement in term of package, but is not very
useful about services. The maven-bundle-plugin allows to customize / improve
descriptions. So, my goal is to create these descriptions ASAP (and to try
to discover these descriptions automatically). These descriptions will
greatly help the deployment process as service requirements will be computed
as well as packages.

Yes, that would be a good idea.

However, this open new issues... we have one artifact
(web console) that requires the HTTP Service that was not released (correct
me if I'm wrong). So, the generated repository is not self-contained.

Hmm. We should probably just go ahead and release HTTP Service.

Another small issue is about bundles depending on SCR. The SCR runtime
deployment is not automatic as it's neither a service requirement nor a
package requirement. One solution is to add a specific capability to SCR,
and to create a requirement targeting  this capability in each bundles
requiring the SCR runtime. In fact, if we go further, this issue will appear
for each extender model (when an extension is deployed before the host).

Yes, this is an issue. As you say, the only way to resolve it currently would be to add custom capability/requirements in the SCR and client bundles. Not much else we can do. At best we can define something to put in the manifest so that bindex can pick it up and generate the appropriate dependency.

-> richard

Clement