This sounds like great news Richard - nice one.

I noticed when reading the Spring OSGi page that they had a comment on Felix not fully supporting fragments as a constraint on their dynamic modules approach, so hopefully it will help with that too.

-- Rob

Richard S. Hall wrote:
Hello everyone,

I committed some more patches for fragment support, so fragments should properly update and refresh now...hopefully.

Currently, we log a WARNING when people install a fragment, which says that fragments are not fully supported. We should decide if we want to keep this as is or be more specific and indicate the level of fragment support provided (i.e., no exports, imports, or native code) or we could decide to not install fragments that try to use features we don't support. Any thoughts here?

I have also deployed new snapshots of framework and main. So, please, either from trunk or the snapshots, try out some of the fragment functionality and see if it works for you.

The following features should be working:

   * Use a fragment to extend a host bundle's class path (i.e., the
     fragment class path will be searched after the host bundle's class
     path).
   * Use a fragment to inject a JAR file into the host bundle's class
     path (i.e., you can specify a JAR file in the host bundle class
     path that will be found in the fragment bundle).

Currently, if there are multiple candidates for a given fragment symbolic name, we always choose the highest version. If there are constraint conflicts, we do not backtrack and try other versions.

Any and all feedback welcome.

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+44 (0)20 7488 3470