From: Nicolas Lalevée [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 8/25/2008 8:38 AM
To: dev@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Maven & OSGi plans

Le 25 août 08 à 12:44, Rob Walker a écrit :

I am then interested to know how you manage the classpath of your project. Because there is a little gap between the bnd/MANIFEST.MF that only declare a dependency on some packages, and the actually jars your are building against. So do you manage your jars dependencies manually ? with an old-school lib folder ? Or you have a dependency manager setup ? Ivy or maven just to retrieve the jars ? I thought of a third solution, but I didn't found any such tool: use an OBR to compute the dependencies and retrieve the jars. I used the Felix OBR resolver implementation and I managed to do a similar plugin to IvyDE [1] (just a proof of concept here, implemented with lot of hacks). But I am not sure if the "obr service" can be used for that kind of classpath computing, as its main goal, as far as I understand, is to get bundle into a OSGi runtime environment. There is that "compile" vs "runtime" classpath issue. But not sure if that is an issue... WDYT ?

Nicolas

[1] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/