richard jackson wrote:
I guess I read it more as we don't really need all the extra stuff that a
normal Servlet container has (class loading, war file deployments ect...).
Basicly only support bundles and bundles only. But then again I also want
filters and such as well. But anyways what I'm more thinking about is a
really light core bundle (spec only) then have the ability to plug in (via
bundles) more advanced stuff. Any ways this stuff is still just percolating
in my mind for now. Oh I do intend to grab what you have so far and take a
look at it as I'm sure it has much in it I can use.

The lightweight-ness of that JIRA issue really refers to something that is small and only addresses the HTTP Service spec (although this latter requirement is not strictly necessary if any extensions are really small too). The point is, we really have two different use cases for an HTTP Service:

  1. A more full-featured implementation that could possibly handle
     more advanced situations, perhaps offer extended capabilities for
     WARs etc., and one that could be used for heavy-duty apps.
  2. A more lightweight implementation that simply implements the HTTP
     Service spec and does not use any advances JRE features so that it
     could easy be used on the smallest devices to create web-enabled
     applications.

I, personally, would love to see #2, since we already have some forms of #1. We have even discussed moving PaxWeb to Felix subproject, for example, which makes #2 the missing piece. Still, in the end, do what interests you and we will see how it fits in.

-> richard

Richard