The documentation is incorrect. The "ungoverned" package was from when Felix was Oscar. The "apache" packages are correct. I have edited the document to fix this issue. Let me know if it makes more sense now.

-> richard

Walid "jo" Gedeon wrote:
Hello all,
Browsing through the available docs to understand how commands work in felix
(specifically, but in osgi in general), the shell service page seemed to
make sense (http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-shell-service.html)...
... until the section "Creating a Command" :-)

I'm not sure I get why MyStartCommandImpl implements
org.apache.felix.shell.Command and not
org.ungoverned.osgi.service.shell.Command? Or alternatively why doesnt
org.apache.felix.shell.Command extend it...

Thanks for any comments or points of vue:-)