On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 00:14, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2009, at 23:45 , Felix Meschberger wrote:
>
>> Marcel Offermans schrieb:
>>>
>>> About JIRA, I don't think trying to migrate the current issues makes a
>>> lot of sense. There really aren't any good tools for that as far as I
>>> know. I could live with Karaf sticking with the current JIRA or perhaps
>>> slowly migrating towards the Felix JIRA (but only for new issues, leave
>>> existing ones where they are now).
>>
>> Hmm, I think migration of the issues from one project to another is a
>> trivial thing in JIRA. We would have to watch out for assigned
>> components/versions, but basically it is not that complicated.
>
> That's good to know.
>
> Does that include people who have created an account in JIRA and are
> watching specific issues?

Unfortunately, this only work inside the same JIRA instance.
The current jira issues are hosted at:
   https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4KNL
whereas felix is at
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX
So I don't think we'll be able to move the issues at all.  It's only
possible to move them to another project hosted on the same instance
:-(

>> And: it is only for the open issues. We probably don't want to move the
>> closed ones, just like we probably don't move the past releases, tags
>> and branches....
>
> Agreed.

We don't have too many opened issues right now (36 actually) so it may
be doable to recreate them, but we'll loose creator / watchers /
comments if any.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet