On 4/24/09 12:00 PM, peter royal wrote:
On Apr 24, 2009, at 10:05 AM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
Anyway, my concern here is not over what we want to do, but what we should do from an Apache process perspective. I don't want Felix (the project) creating some firestorm by being seen as implicitly promoting subprojects to TLP.

Using Lucene/Hadoop as examples, their sub-projects don't necessarily include 'lucene' or 'hadoop' in their package names.

So I think its entirely reasonable to have org.apache.karaf

You may be right. Not that I like a lot of rules, but this is one that seems odd that there is not a rule for it. There is no guidance for avoid naming clashes among projects. Certainly odd.