On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Guillaume Nodet<gno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fileinstall exports the org.osgi.service.cm and org.osgi.service.log
> packages.
> I wonder if this would make more sense to make them optional import and make
> sure the code can run if those are not wired.
> As a side effect would also reduce the size of the jar and simplify the
> resolution process (I don't having having bundles exporting the same package
> really helps ...)
> Thoughts ?

Hi Guillaume,
  I'm giving a try to File Install to see if I can close felix-1540,
but I noticed that installing File Install in the usual minimal
configuration:
   ID   State         Level  Name
[   0] [Active     ] [    0] System Bundle (1.8.0)
[   1] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell Service (1.2.0)
[   2] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell TUI (1.2.0)
[   3] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix File Install (1.3.0.SNAPSHOT)

I get the exception:

Exception in thread "{felix.fileinstall.dir=dropins}"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: *** Class
'org.osgi.service.log.LogService' was not found. Bundle 3 does not
import package 'org.osgi.service.log', nor is the package exported by
any other bundle or available from the system class loader. ***
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.Util.class$(Util.java:253)
        at
org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.Util$OsgiLogger.getLogService(Util.java:253)
        at
org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.Util$OsgiLogger.log(Util.java:229)
        at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.Util.log(Util.java:178)
        at
org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.log(DirectoryWatcher.java:409)
        at
org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:139)

Is this related to the package change? Is the compendium bundle
mandatory to run File Install?

--
Filippo Diotalevi