On Oct 18, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:

> Felix Meschberger  wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently the SlingFilterScope is an scr-annotation-only Enum listing
>> two known scope values for filters registered with Sling.
>>
>> As we are in the process of extending the potential values (and also
>> supporting multiple values) - in the current trunk and not yet released
>> - I wonder whether Sling should not provide an Enum of the possible
>> values and the scr-annotations should really refer to that enum.
>>
> I have no real preference here, though I would like to keep things as
> simple as possible.

Personally, I'd like to see the Sling-specific bits factored out of both
scr-annotations and scrplugin. I imagine that other projects (or just other SCR
users) might be interested in a generic annotation extension mechanism as well.

That said, I haven't spent the time to see if this is feasible.

Justin