Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 02.02.2011, 14:42 +0000 schrieb Richard S. Hall:
> I think originally we were more strict on changing the version number
> after failed votes, but we've since backed off. The reason for not being
> as strict, if I recall, is that people can still download the failed
> version while it's available with the signatures and put them up on some
> web site and call them official and people wouldn't know because the
> signatures are valid. So, what are we really gaining by changing the
> version number?

The problem is exactly, that people may grab these packages under vote
and put them up. We cancel the vote; rebuild the package with the same
version number; succeed and publish.

At this point in time we not only have an invalid package uploaded which
can be identified as invalid (there is no tag for the failed release and
there is no vote success).

Rather we have two instances of a package with the same version number
in the wild. One is invalid and one is official. But which is which ?

I hope I did properly summarize the problem sketched by Roy.

Regards
Felix