On 5 February 2011 12:21, Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As long has the release has not been approved, the tag does not match
> an official release, so it can be freely deleted.

yep, that's what I meant - another point to consider is users might see
1.0.5 and think it's stable (as it's not 1.0.0) whereas in fact there could
have been 5 staged versions just to sort out license / dependency issues and
no actual code changes

Once the release is voted, I think everyone agree the tag becomes immutable.

> FWIW, Git is much better as a tag really correspond to a moment in the
> history, not a branch (which actually makes more sense if you think
> about it).

agreed, git is better in this regard - but it can be hard to understand at
times :)

--
Cheers, Stuart