A (non-binding).

FWIW: Stuart brought me off the fence. If the first 1.0.x release is
1.0.5 then under semantic versioning guidelines this would mean 5
releases of the bundle at previous micro numbers have already passed
which might cause users some confusion, or cause them to ask for an
explanation. This confusion persists for ever more. The number of
people seeing this admittedly lesser kind of confusion will likely be
far greater than the people who use the RC artifacts from a staging
repo, who should know better.