Hi,

the Felix event admin by default blacklists event handlers if they
take more than 5 secs. With the setting you mentioned, you turn off
the timeout for all event handlers.

If you want a more fine grained setting, you can use the property
org.apache.felix.eventadmin.IgnoreTimeout to disable timeout handling
for specific handlers or java packages (see
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-event-admin.html)

I assume the Equinox implementation does no blacklisting by default

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziege...@apache.org