Thanks for your help Carsten I'll do some tests ....
I must read the source code to figure out with accuracy what kind of
timeouts is used ...
I don't see any valuable reason for my servlet not respond in 5seconds!!!
It's present at startup with a runlevel 2 ...
let me know more about the mechanisms used

thanks a lot
Jerome
J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J
auteur Eyrolles